Farmer's Wife Start


I have begun with some of the easier blocks, but already I know why I don't usually do traitional.
The practice will be good for me though.
This is not a black and white photo, just usuing up some black and greys for the first few.

Now for some technicolour...



I have finished the Turkish Delight. Hurray!



I am glad this is finished. I did enjoy the process, the hand stitching but I don't think I will be doing anything similar.



The idea is based on a Turkish rug where the edges have been worn and flattened by wear and tear. I should have spent more time on it but it needed to be finished and now it's done.
I was influenced by the "Slow Cloth" stitchers, whose work I love, but now I have got it out of my system.

Comments

  1. I might try some art pieces this week, depends on where my brain goes with the meds;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkish Delight is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Turkish delight is wonderful and I like your FW blocks. I really admire the variety on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this post - love the Turkish beauty - and this line:

    I was influenced by the "Slow Cloth" stitchers, whose work I love, but now I have got it out of my system.

    I've just started something in the slow cloth line - and I may have it out of my system already! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Love the loud colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts