working wednesday


A colourful post today to take my mind off the black hole that is my kitchen!
I can hardly believe it but we have had our second fire in 8 months. The kitchen went up in flames on Monday evening. Thankfully the fire engines got here very quickly and it did not spread to any other rooms. An electrical fault in a bread maker (it was quite old) has been blamed. It is very embarrassing when the firemen say "We saw the address and thought 'We know where that is'".

No one got hurt though and for that I am thankful.
So there is going to be a lot of cleaning rather than stitching going on around here for the time being, and although I have had to put off my trip to the Festival of Quilts tomorrow I do hope to get there before the weekend is over.

The quilt top was put together a few days ago in the start of my bid to declutter all the fabric that has been gathering dust in the loft for too many years. This is designed randomly/Gee's Bend style with a little girl in mind. I plan to knock back the "sugariness" with some charcoal/grey threads, but perhaps I should be staying away from such colours at the moment!

I hope you are all safe and well and thanks for listening to my woes.


Comments

  1. You must have had a real scare! Glad you're all OK. Hope the cleanup goes smoothly and you can soon get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens! Two fires.......! Thank goodness no on was hurt but what a shock..again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a reason I make my bread by hand!
    I hope you'll get back to normal soon:) and you make the festival in time.
    Nice quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece, love the gees bend quilts. I won a kit to make one, now I need to get better so I can get back to machine quilting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what bad luck!! I'm glad no-one was hurt. I hope you manage to make it to the Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound quite caalm! Well done! It must have been very frightening. I hope you do get to the NEC - I am missing it AGAIN!!! I hope your quilt gets all the oohs and aaahs it deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, another fire ??? So glad you're not hurt and that it's "only" the kitchen !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, that's horrible!! Glad to hear you are all ok!
    I finally found your beautiful quilt at the Festival on my second day there; next time I'll remember to ask where it will be exhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness. glad you are all well but more stuff to deal with. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts