Blogtoberfest Day 14

The trouble with having two blogs is that you can sometimes forget where you have put things.
I have just spent the last half an hour looking for this post which I thought was here but is actually on my other blog.
If you would care to take a look at that post you can see that I think the artist Fredrich Hundertwasser is an art quilters/textile artists dream when it come to looking for inspiration, and with that in mind today I wanted to show you this piece, completed about 5 years ago in a workshop given by Angie Hughes.


Done on black velvet with foils, voiles and old sweet wrappers, it is based one one of Hundertwassers landscapes, and was really fun to do.



If you would like to see more of this kind of thing and some other great work I suggest you give Angie's website a visit.
I leave you  with a question.
Why is it that with all the piles and piles of paint, fabric, thread and any other number of supplies that I have here, do I not have the one thing I need today?
I'm off to the shops!

Comments

  1. Wow, that is extraordinary. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say why you have to go the shops??? Because quilters never have enough.... we always have to get the right fabric colour, a different fibre or just increase our stash...LOL
    And this piece is beautiful. I looked at his site and it is really an art quilter's dream. It is full of inspiration... loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that - and you're right - it looks like a lot of fun!

    I was thinking the same thing this morning. I was looking through my stuff and realized that despite spending nearly $300 on supplies (not fabric, just fabric paint, dye, brushes, silk pins, all that stuff) I'm missing something that I'll have to pick up after work. Sheesh!

    Have fun at the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really amazing....I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I have a book about his work, and enjoy looking through it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts