I seem to have been.......

............AWOL from my blogs for a while, for no other reason than life getting in the way as usual.
It is all good though. I have a kitchen again and can now concentrate on getting things ready for Christmas.


Yesterday I spent the days with my Rusty Love Girls. We first met when doing City and Guilds, in embroidery (them) and quilting (me). I enjoyed it so much that I stayed on and did Machine Embroidery after I had finished the Patchwork and Quilting.
We have always kept in touch, meeting up every now and then to stitch, chat and eat! It was only recently that I decided we needed to set a challenge for each other, each time making something to give to one of the other members of the group.
The title of the first challenge was Rusty Love and somehow that name has attached itself to the group permanently.

Above is the piece that I made for my interpretation of the theme. It might not seem immediately apparent how it fits into the title, but it is a place that the recipient knows and it is of a place that we both love. I have spent lots of holidays there as we used to have our little boat moored on that inlet, and her and her husband are now fortunate to have a holiday home there.


I also did a"Rusty Heart" for everyone.


More form the Rusty Love Girls next time when I show you what I received, but before I go I thought I would share a couple of photos I took in Bath on Sunday. We went to visit the Christmas Market but couldn't resist stopping off to look at what is probably one of the most famous streets in Great Britain. It looks like it should be a stately home or museum but it is a real street with ordinary people living there.

It was getting dark and the moon was out.

Comments

  1. I love the Rusty Love beach scene. And I have always wanted to go to Bath. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that beach scene is fantastic - how incredibly clever you are

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely beach scene - wish I could go for a walk there !! Your fabric version is dreamy and realistic at the same time - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts