It's beginning to look......

........a lot like Christmas!
Or NOT in my house as I haven't even thought about the decorating yet.
I have, however, always wanted to make a Christmas quilt. Every year I have had that thought. Every year nothing happens.


That just might change this year because of this "Countdown to Christmas" Jelly Roll.
Now I am not one who usually buys much in the way of commercially printed fabric, but when I spotted this on offer I thought it might be just what I needed.



This is what I have so far.
The plan had been to make the light central bit be more random and undulating and I had it all worked out on paper. Trouble is I started cutting just as the family started coming in from work, college and school and before I realised I had cut them all to the exact same measurement. The strips that is, not the family.

Not a mistake, just a design opportunity, as someone I know says.
Whether this gets quilted this Christmas or next remains to be seen. At least I have begun!

There are a number of giveaways going on over at my Quilt Routes blog this week, if you would care to take a look.
Giveaway No 2. Some fabric packs.
Giveaway No 3. More fabric.

Comments

  1. I love the concept of 'a design opportunity'. I have lots of them and never realized! Your quilt is going to be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that fabric, fun patterns to work with.
    I have some jelly rolls, so going to figure out some ideas to use them with, love cutting up fabrics and just putting them together and see what it comes out to be, sometimes I actually like them;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh with the comment about cutting the family! Tempting at times, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does look like a departure from our usual work :), but I am sure it will be just as interesting when you'll finish with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you did not cut up your family ;-)))) looks interesting, and maybe that "accident" will be exactly what gives your quilt that special touch? I already think so ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts