Anyone who has followed my stitching pursuits for a while will know that I have churned out the odd hare or two. I came to having a bit of a thing about hares simply because I married one, or a son of one, if you want to be literal.
I hadn't planned to do another one but when I ended up with a piece of fabric like the one below, I just had to go with the flow.
This piece came about because the infrared lamp that I use to dry my painted fabric at this time of the year got a bit carried away. It just had to become a moon. The rest led on from there.
I learnt a lot from the making.
Don't know why it didn't occur to me to use my quilting foot when doing the straight line stitching on the background. It might have helped to eliminate some of the drag. However, some strategically placed Hares Tails and grasses can disguise a lot :D